Ravelin St. Francis
Erected in the south, between the bastions of St. Peter and St. Francis protects its field. It opens the door of St. Francis that, across a bridge over the moat, gives access to the Magistral Door, with its Tuscan columns, which stands on the field and gives access to the square. It owes the name of St. Francis to the vicinity of the female convent of Santa Clara of the Third Order, while ensuring the most convenient access to the Holy Convent of Christ Barca also Franciscans of the Third Order.
The invocation of the Cross is because, it is certainly connected to the chapel of the cross that stood on the site and that was overthrown in 1680 for the building of the wall.